Please read carefully. Failure to comply may result in loss of points or disqualification. By entering Celebrity Dance Competitions, you accept all policies and guidelines set forth.
- Each studio can enter a maximum of 15 soloists, independent soloist not accepted.
- Dancers are limited to competing 1 solo only.
- The solo competition will take place on Friday from 1pm-10pm or Saturday evening from 4pm-10pm.
- The number of spaces available in the Celebrity Solo Competition are limited and will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. If there are additional spaces available at the close of registration, we will open those spaces to studios who wish to enter more than 15 soloists.
- All soloists must be registered for the full Celebrity Convention in order to compete.
- Age divisions for the Celebrity Solo Competition are limited to Intermediate (9-11.99), Teen (12-14.99), and Senior (15-17.99).
- Age is determined by actual age as of January 1 of that competition year.
- Soloists may compete in 6 general categories: Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Lyrical/Contemporary, Tap & Open.
- The top 10 soloists in both the teen & senior age divisions will be awarded with Celebrity Trophies during the Award Ceremony on Sunday.
- All routines must be appropriate for family viewing. Inappropriate routines will have a deduction of points.
- No tap sounds on recordings.
- No use of dangerous props such as fire, glass, swords, etc.
- No use of live animals.
- No scenery, helium balloons, loose feathers or loose glitter.
- General props are permitted.
- The stage must be left clean by the performers.
- No coaching from the audience.
- Competing dancers must perform in their scheduled order, unless permission is given otherwise.
COMPETITION ADMISSION: Audience admission is free for the Celebrity Solo Competition.
VENUES: Professional equipment is used in all locations. Stage and venue sizes vary by location. Please contact Celebrity for the measurements of your performance area.
CRITIQUES: Competition score sheets, routine critiques and your music may be picked up at the Registration Desk. These items will be given to the teacher or studio owner only. By entering Celebrity Competitions, you accept that all decisions by judges are final.
AWARDS: All entries will be adjudicated by three judges. Platinum, high gold, gold, silver and bronze awards will be presented. Trophies will be presented to the Top 10 Dancers. Other prizes, including cash prizes and scholarships, will be awarded based on outstanding talent.
ACROBATICS: Ballet routines may not have any gymnastic or acrobatic tricks. Jazz, Tap and Lyrical/Contemporary routines may have two acrobatic tricks. All other categories may have unlimited acrobatic tricks. A pass into an acro trick qualifies as one acro movement. Example: round off back handspring. Lifts, illusions and shoulder rolls are NOT considered acrobatic tricks. Acrobatic tricks are defined as a movement learned in an acrobatic class such as cartwheel, forward roll, etc. Routines with more than two acrobatic tricks will be placed in the Open category.
MUSIC: At Celebrity your music must be uploaded online in advance. Please log in to your Celebrity Online Account to try this feature. Yet another way Celebrity is going Green. Please bring a backup CD.
TIES: All ties will be broken by technical score. If there is a tie by technical score, ties will be broken by routine score. If there should be a tie on routine score, the tie will be broken by decision of the judges.
CONDUCT: Dancers should act in an appropriate manner at all times. This includes in the dressing rooms, backstage, on stage and in the audience. All audience members must do the same.