Please read carefully. Failure to comply may result in loss of points or disqualification. By entering Celebrity Dance Competitions, you accept all policies and guidelines set forth.
- Each studio can enter a maximum of 15 soloists, independent soloist not accepted.
- Dancers are limited to competing 1 solo only.
- The solo competition will take place on Friday from 1pm-10pm or Saturday evening from 3pm-10:30pm.
- The number of spaces available in the Celebrity Solo Competition are limited and will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. If there are additional spaces available at the close of registration, we will open those spaces to studios who wish to enter more than 15 soloists.
- All soloists must be registered for the full Celebrity Convention in order to compete.
- Age divisions for the Celebrity Solo Competition are limited to Intermediate (9-11.99), Teen (12-14.99), and Senior (15-17.99).
- Age is determined by actual age as of January 1 of that competition year.
- Soloists may compete in 6 general categories: Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Lyrical/Contemporary, Tap & Open.
- The top 10 soloists in both the intermediate, teen & senior age divisions will be awarded with Celebrity Trophies during the Award Ceremony on Sunday.
- All routines must be appropriate for family viewing. Inappropriate routines will have a deduction of points.
- No tap sounds on recordings.
- No use of dangerous props such as fire, glass, swords, etc. General props are permitted.
- No live animals.
- No scenery.
- No helium balloons, loose feathers or loose glitter permitted.
- The stage must be left clean by the presenting studio.
- No coaching from the audience.
- Routines must perform in their scheduled order unless permission is given otherwise.
COMPETITION ADMISSION: Audience admission is free for the Celebrity Solo Competition.
VENUES: Professional equipment is used in all locations. Stage and venue sizes vary by location. Please contact Celebrity for the measurements of your performance area.
CRITIQUES: Competition score sheets and routine critiques may be picked up at Celebrity & Company. These items will be given to the teacher or studio owner only. By entering Celebrity Competitions, you accept that all decisions by judges are final.
AWARDS: All entries will be adjudicated by three judges. Platinum, high gold, gold, silver and bronze awards will be presented. Trophies will be presented to the Top 10 Dancers. Other prizes, including cash prizes and scholarships, will be awarded based on outstanding talent.
ACROBATIC LIMITATIONS: Some categories limit the number of acrobatic skills (performed either on their own, or in a pass) that a routine may contain. An acrobatic skill refers to any gymnastic-based exercise including handstands, cartwheels, walkovers, handsprings, aerials, tucks, layouts, or any other flipping maneuver done in the air. Partner lifts, illusions and rolls on the floor (such as seat rolls and shoulder rolls) are NOT considered an acrobatic skill in these circumstances. No acrobatic skills are allowed in ballet routines. Jazz, tap, lyrical and contemporary routines are allowed three (3) acrobatic skills. All other categories may include unlimited acrobatics. Tumbling passes count as 1 skill. Example: A running roundoff back handspring into a back tuck, if done continuously, would count as 1 acrobatic skill.
MUSIC: Celebrity goes GREEN! At Celebrity, all music must be uploaded online at least 5 days prior to the event. Log into your Celebrity Online Account to upload your music. Please bring backup copies on a USB. All music must be cued up at the start of the track, and ready to play. Music cannot be accepted on a CD, phone, tablet or computer. Please check your music files prior to the start of competition. Music delays may result in a 5-point deduction.
TIES: All ties will be broken by technical score. If there is a tie by technical score, ties will be broken by routine score. If there should be a tie on routine score, the tie will be broken by decision of the judges.
CONDUCT: Dancers should act in an appropriate manner at all times. This includes in the dressing rooms, backstage, on stage and in the audience. All audience members must do the same.